The Society for the Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts holds annual elections for its leadership positions. Election time is nearing, so it’s time for members who might be interested in getting involved in division leadership to consider nominating themselves for some positions.
This year, we have an unusually large number of interesting positions available:
- President-Elect (2 year term; currently Mary Gregerson)
- Secretary (3 year term; currently Jen Katz-Buonincontro)
- Treasurer (3 year term; currently Heather Snyder)
- Member at large (3 year term; currently Pamela McCrory)
- Student Representative (1 year term; currently Elaine Perignat)
- International Representative (2 year term; currently Kyung Hee Kim)
These roles vary, of course, but they all involve a commitment to serve the division and to attend the executive committee meeting, which is held at the annual APA convention.
If you have any questions or are interested in a nomination, please let me (Paul Silvia) know as soon as possible. I’m happy to answer questions.
Divisional leadership is a great way to make a difference and to build the institutions that foster things we care about. The division has some big plans for the next years, so it’s a nice time to get involved.